Sunday, February 5, 2012

Chess Pieces

Sorry for the terrible pictures. I know my camera can do better than this.

I decided before last Christmas that I would make my husband a chess set for Christmas because he loves to play chess and is always telling me that he wants a cool set. Needless to say he did not get it for Christmas. This is the first half and I still need to finish the other one. I will continue to add more as I complete the set and boxes.













This is the King. 2 3/8" tall





















This is the Queen. 2 1/8" tall



















This is the Bishop. 1 15/16" tall





















This is the Knight. 1 15/16" tall



















Knight from the back.




















This is the Rook. It's the first piece I made. 1 1/4" tall


















Rook another view.







The Pawns are 1 1/8" tall.


Each piece is very sturdy and has either a toothpick or metal rod going though the middle. I used mostly paper I purchased from the scrap-booking section of JoAnns or Michaels. This has been fun and I look forward to finishing this project. This page is where is got my inspiration to start this project. But as you can see, my designs are my own. Thanks.


















1 comment:

  1. Great Site! How big are these? You should take a picture with something next to it to scale it.

    ReplyDelete