Sunday, February 5, 2012

Foil Anniversery Present


My husband and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary. Which is the aluminum year. So I decided to make this for him using aluminum foil and black poster board. Now I don't recommend quilling with foil as it is very difficult, but if you have patience and a soft touch you can make something like this. Keep in mind this is my second attempt at foil quilling. My first try, which is what my husband got for a present, didn't turn out the way I planned.


Roses and Tulips are very meaningful to us, so that is why I used them.

I used the roses and leaves from Inna's Creations website.

The tulips are mine.

I don't consider this piece as complete yet. We want to get a new photo and I will then add some more to the tulip section. I'll keep you posted.

5 comments:

  1. Hi I googled for foil quilling and came to your post, this looks very nice. will try shortly.
    am your new follower. I craft for my son's school projects and do mainly recycled/altered projects. hope you'll pop in for a lil visit. I would also like to invite you to join my blog

    http://kalasirjana.blogspot.in/

    cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words. I did enjoy your blog. Let me know how your foil project goes if you choose to do it. Happy crafting!!

      Delete